A Day in the Life of Amber

Ramblings about the nonsense I encounter...

Monday, June 13, 2005

My Happy Day

I do the bulletin for our church. I normally start it on Fridays, however, it usually doesnt get finished until late Saturday evenings. And with this big job, comes alot of stuff you have to deal with. You have to collect all the announcements, make sure you have all the right information, stay updated with certain subjects, be sure and correct all errors, get it printed in time, make sure you have enough copies...pretty much you have to stay on top of things. It's a really big job.

Well, lately, its been really stressful doing the bulletin. Its just so discouraging when every week people come up to you and complain about the littlest things. I try to fix the problem, however, then someone else doesnt like what I did. I even get to the point where I just break down , and tell my parents about how hard of a time Im having. They give me good input, and give me great ideas on how to not make it such a burden on me. One of the ideas were to have several ppl helping in doing it. Like, have someone call around and get the announcements, have someone stay updated on the pray list, have someone pick out a verse every week, have someone else write a greeting, and I would just collect and put everything in and then print it out. But, when it came around to it, no one volunteered. My sister Katie said she would help, so that was a blessing.

The other night, my dad went to a mens meeting, and the subject of the bulletin came up. People gave their complaints. However, one man, told the other men, that the bulletin is a very hard job, and it is time consuming. He said that when I hear all these complaints, it gets discouraging. He pretty much told the other men about how great of a job I am doing, and that I should be encouraged more about the bulletin, rather than just hearing complaints.

Well yesterday morning, the man who was doing announcements came up to the front. He gave some announcements, then he pointed out the bulletin. He said that the bulletin is a great thing that the church has, it gives great information and keeps ppl updated. Then, he started talking about me, and how I do the bulletin every week, and he thanked me in front of the whole church. Then he told everyone that if they appreciate the bulletin , they should thank me also, cuz of the big job I have been doing. After that, everyone started clapping for me , and were like, "go Amber!" It was really encouraging. It made my day. All of those petty complaints that were made that morning that brought me down, were gone, because just what he said to me, made me so happy. I wanted to cry, but I held it in.

IF someone is doing something for God, be sure and thank them . No matter what it is. Maybe its cleaning , or preparing the Lords Supper. Just go up to them and say, " thank you brother or sister." Cuz I bet you anything, that will make their day. There is a lady in our church, who redid the bathrooms in the downstairs and used her own money for everything. She was discouraged because of the things ppl were complaining to her about. She did an excellent job. When we told her thank you, and how beautiful the bathrooms looked, she cried and said, THANK YOU ! I thought no one liked them.

I kno Joe Glenn does a bulletin also. He prolly has to put up with alot. But thank you Joe for just keeping at it!

-Ambular

6 Comments:

  • At 11:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    ya, good job serving! i sure wish my comments were more excitning..sooo bye for now. ~Zach

     
  • At 6:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I heard this one story about a lady who realized she complained too much. She decided not to complain for 2 weeks about anything, Even if she didn't like something she would just not say anything or find something good to say instead. After the two weeks were over she found she didn't complain as much. I think people get in the habit of complaining and don't realize how much they do it. If we don't like something we should see how we can help make it better. Good job doing such a big thing. I'm totally impressed. Hey, I remember your sister in the hospital the same day I had Lily. (Born June 4th) How fun! Two of our favorite people born on the same day at the same place. It's a small world.

     
  • At 9:42 AM, Blogger Ambular said…

    Yes, I do remember that. It was funny how you and my sister were in rooms right across from eachother. It is a small world.

     
  • At 9:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    As Mrs."AverageJoe," I can attest for him that having the task of writing and printing the bulletin every week can be trying at times. It requires extra time (and he doesn't have much) not to mention patience. Thankfully there have been few, if any, complaints. That would be a drag!
    Maybe you can come over to our house sometime and the two of you can swap ideas ...I think that's called "brain storming?" For example,I really liked your idea of having a brother or sister in the fellowship choose a scripture for the week.
    In the end you'll be blessed for your hard work and diligence Amber. He sees your good works when others may not, and in the end that's what matters.
    -Melanie

     
  • At 12:53 PM, Blogger Ambular said…

    Thank you guys!

    Melanie and Joe - Thanks for your insight. I would love to switch off ideas or brainstorm rather with you. My dad was telling me that I should get together with someone with expierience, and get soem ideas and whatnot. So Id be very happy to do so.

     
  • At 2:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    So last week I started to think for starting my online marketing business and to obtain any affiliate websites I really don't know if it is best option to get one myself or get any already turnkey affiliate marketing websites. I just visited site
    [url=http://www.home-businessreviews.com/Turnkey-Affiliate-Websites.html]affiliate websites[/url] and here was two reviews about them but I yet haven't made decision what to do. Are here some people who can give some thoughts for websites reviewed at this site?
    http://www.home-businessreviews.com/Turnkey-Affiliate-Websites.html

     

Post a Comment

<< Home