A Day in the Life of Amber

Ramblings about the nonsense I encounter...

Saturday, July 23, 2005

My Art Post

Okay Guys---Here it is, my little art show. Keep in mind, that these are just scanned or photoed pics of my art, not the real, much better thing.



This is Cherubim. My friend Loran asked if I could draw the image from Ez. 10, so I did. It took me a few weeks, cuz I didnt really work on it that much. But now it is finished, and will go to its owner prolly tomorrow, when I see him, up in Tahoe.




This is Brody Dalle, lead singer of the Distillers. I really like this band, that it why I decided to try and draw her. She is still a work in progress. I took on Cherubim instead of finishing her. But I will soon. As you can see, she wasnt small enough to fit in my scanner...but here is the orginal pic that I was using as my example....



Okay, next we have...



Carnage. Okay, here is the story on this. I love drawing muscles and veins. I dunno, but I get a thrill outta it. So, one day, I was online, and asked my friend David if he wanted me to draw him a pic. He said sure, but didnt know how much I could handle and didnt know what to tell me to draw. SO i just thew out...."Whats you favorite villin or superhero?" He responded with carnage. So I drew this for him. It is prolly my favorite out of my drawings, and I wish I had never given it away. Then my friend Chris asked me to draw him a pic of venom. So, because I couldnt find any satisfactory pics of Venom, I decided to use my layout for Carnage, and just changed things up a bit. So I pretty much drew to of these babies.



This was my first actual pic I drew with pen and ink, that was worth keeping. I love X-men, and all the characters. In fact, Storm is my favorite action hero. And I always loved Wolverine. So here this one is. And I drew this one about a year ago, but just gave it away a month or so ago, to Travis.



So this is an older drawing of mine. I drew it a couple years ago. Its a portrait of my brother Teddy. It was my first actual portrait. Here is what Teddy Looks like today...






...see a resemblence? haha sorry for all the pics of Teddy, all the ones I had are just too cute. I love that boy.

Okay, so that is it for now. I will be leaving for Tahoe today...WOO HOO!
Until Next time...

-Ambular

6 Comments:

  • At 1:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i loved the art show! so good, i'm so proud of you, you have so much talent, i'm not even joking. i'm glad you have something that you're so good at that you can do just for fun or to make someone else happy. i was especially fond of the cherubim. it looked very biblically accurate. i'm sure the Lord was pleased by it. i would definitely say you have some serious drawing and shading skills amberlicious! i bet it took you at least 3 hours to do the shading on the man's upper lip. hehe!

     
  • At 1:43 AM, Blogger Ambular said…

    Oh man Travis...crack me up like a windshield. But in fact, it took me 3.5218456 hours to shade it.

     
  • At 2:27 PM, Blogger Levi Nunnink said…

    That's funny. One of your brothers (or someone from your house) tried to sell me that Wolverine picture the other day.

    It was during that wedding next door, at the Anderson's house about 2-3 weeks ago. I was walking down the road to my car when a kid yelled from your driveway, "Do you want to buy a picture?" Then he showed me your Wolverine picture. I didn't have any money but I was very impressed.

    You're a good artist, Amber. Definately post more when you get the opportunity.

     
  • At 11:33 PM, Blogger Ambular said…

    Levi- I dont think that was my pic, my bro Teddy is good at drawing, and he redid my original. Mine is alot bigger.

     
  • At 10:26 AM, Blogger Sadie Lou said…

    Are you considering career in comic book art? You have some skills woman!

     
  • At 1:38 PM, Blogger Ambular said…

    Hehe Thanks Sadie. But I am not sure.

    Any ways, Time for a new post.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home