A Day in the Life of Amber

Ramblings about the nonsense I encounter...

Thursday, July 21, 2005

Somebody's got the Sniffles....




>>Me! Sleeping...cuz Im sick...pooi!<<

Hey Guys. So sorry Ive been a slacker on posting. But Ill kinda give you an update on my life these days.

First off, last week was Vacation Bible School. It turned out really well. I had the first room on Monday, and I was glad I got it over on the beginning of the week. My room was the family and home of Joseph. We did alittle act of Jacob giving Joseph the coat of many colors, and how his brothers became jealous. We tried showing the kids not to show favoritism, and not to be a tattletale, and not to think you are better than everyone else. I mean, we didnt directly say it, but we just kinda made some points of it. But, Monday we had the Home of Joseph..my room, Tuesday- Joseph thrown in the pit ( this room would have to be the best, just cuz the kids were really involved, and they got angry at the brothers, haha and started throwing crackers at the brothers and trying to push them into the pit. Wednesday- Potiphers Household ( Lydia did an awesome job at trying to "marry" Joseph. It was funny) Thursday- The Jail, Friday- The Egyption Palace ( I got to be a guard on this day.) But any ways, it was really fun, we had puppet shows, classrooms, movie theater(where the kids watched Joseph- King of Dreams, art, games, and snack.

Second, I have been fixing our sprinklers all week. After I finally set up the programs to automatically put the drippers on, the power decides to go off TWICE!! So i had to reprogram everything, and check everything. However, it was that bad. We also finally sold our puppy who had been chewing up the sprinklers...thank goodness.

Third, I saw CHarlie and The Chocolate Factory. It was really good. I love Johnny Depp as Willy. And I love Charlie, he is the cutest. But ya, I dont wanna give much away...just go and see it.

Fourth, We have been working on our play for Tahoe next week. We are performing the play, plus a swing dance next week. So weve been cramming to make costumes, have all the props, making sure we have everything in order. We had to teach nick our bandstand dance, because Justin couldnt perform it. So that was crazy.

Fifth, We have been packing and getting everything ready to go camping next week. I havent packed yet, but Ive helped pack others stuff. I also went shopping for some clothes. Btw, at JcPennys, they have napoleon Dynamite shirts! I got one that says, " Vote for Pedro and Your Wildest Dreams will come true!"

Sixth....this is the last. I finally finished my Cherubim pic! If u didnt know about this pic, lemme bring you up to speed. One of my best friends Loran, asked me to draw him a pic of the Cherubim in Ez. 10. I couldnt do the whole body tho, cuz my pic was already too big. But its finally done. And now im working on Darth Vader for Zach!

Okay, well then, other than that, life has been hot. I cant sleep in my bed ne more, its too hot, I have to sleep in our hallway. haha. But I guess being sick doesnt really help either. But, Ill be better soon, I feel it drifting... So I will try and post before I leave for Tahoe on Saturday.

-Ambular

PS...you guys should check out the band Thirst. They are from Chico and are really Good. I have both of their ablums, and love them.

12 Comments:

  • At 4:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sorry to hear you've been ill. Nasty summer colds--blech.
    Tahoe will be nice and cool (er) for you. We Glenns will be heading up there soon for some camping as well. Yay camping.

     
  • At 4:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sorry to hear you've been under the weather. Summer colds are the absolute worst, in my opinion.
    Tahoe will be nice and cool(er) for you. We Glenns are heading up there soon for some camping, too. Yeah camping!
    Feel better.

     
  • At 4:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Didn't like the way the first comment sounded. So there.

     
  • At 4:51 PM, Blogger Sadie Lou said…

    That was weird Melanie.

    Amber--My family lived in an A-Frame house out in Rough & Ready when I was in highschool. I spent many a night sleeping somewhere other than my microwave oven of a room.
    I hope you get well before your camping trip.
    The other day when I was out at the Glenn's, Zach showed me some of your drawings.
    Wow!
    You are ultra talented. Are you going to pursue that in any way? I would...you could do comic books or something!
    Keep that going Amber, it's a good skill.

     
  • At 7:14 PM, Blogger Ambular said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 7:14 PM, Blogger Ambular said…

    Melanie- Thanks for the revision of the first comment. But that is kool you guys will be heading down to Tahoe soon.

    Sadie- Im glad Zach is showing off my works. Haha, I dunno, I dont really like showing everyone my stuff, cuz then it just kinda makes me look really full of myself. But I had to show Zach, cuz hes just kool. But the only persuing I am going to be doing that i know of, is just drawing for fun. I dont think id like to make it my career, cuz then it would kinda just be my job , instead of something I love doing ya kno? But People have offered to pay for my drawings. But I like to do them for free.

    Thanks you guys!

     
  • At 7:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I must say, that was a very impressive breakdown of what all has been going on. Serisously though, I hate getting sick in the summertime. Colds are for the winter months, hello? But I know you'll be feeling better for Tahoe and even if the cold hangs on, what better remedy than some o' that flippin' good ice cream that you can order as big as your head. That benjamin's gonna come in handy! Hehe!

     
  • At 9:41 PM, Blogger Ambular said…

    Tight like the caution tape around my waist- Okay, i thought u were working this week so that you can make your money handy for the icecream buying? cuz ahem, i was thinking of just keeping the benjamin, and framing it. i mean, its not everyday your aunt sticks one in your back pocket. and what a better way than to hang it up on the wall in remembrance of the evening we were all in line at taco ordering...oh the good ol times. oh aunt dori!

     
  • At 9:59 PM, Blogger Ambular said…

    Thank you so much Natalie for the prayers. I love you SOOOO MUCH Also! And yes, I will be posting some of my art work soon. But maybe if you come over to my house someday...maybe haha next time we have a play, i will show them to you, cuz its always better in real life.

     
  • At 11:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Well I did work some and made a little coinage, which i've already spent some of but like i said, those ice cream scoops are HUGE. sharing is not a problem, if we happen to blow all your C note on ice cream, which is doubtful, but you never know... oh, yes, the infamous aunt dori. truly an experience i won't ever forget, even if i wanted to, which sometimes i do. haha, but serisously, that was good times, especially if we had taco bell all to ourselves. i could just see aunt moneybags throwing a ganster's roll at the manager and buying everything on the menu for your very buoyant cousin. so sad, but so true. until the next post!

     
  • At 7:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Obviously I didn't realize my comment posted the first time around, leading me to believe I needed to rewrite what I said. Silly people.

     
  • At 12:35 PM, Blogger Ambular said…

    Tight like the caution tape around my waist- yes, those days are a memory unforgetable...and i guess i can break my benjy...if it means icecreams

    Zachary- Nothing can beat a weezer shirt...a weezer pin comes close, but still...uncomparable. Also, Im gunna have to teach you our dance we r performing. It is that one where justin flips over billys back. ya remember? but after u teach me yours and mimis dance, ill teach u mine. ;)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home