A Day in the Life of Amber

Ramblings about the nonsense I encounter...

Monday, August 01, 2005

Highlights of Last Week!

So many of you might not have heard, but last week, I went up to Tahoe for the annual Tahoe Family Encampment. Here are the highlights of the week.

Listening to Paul Methvin
- So for those of you who do not know who Paul Methvin is, you are missing out. Zach, I wish you would have heard him, because, we can make prolly the biggest dictionary of pronunciations and phrases he uses. He has this southern accent, or some kinda 'not californian' accent. And every word that comes out should be repeated throughout peoples tongues. Plus, his jokes were so funny. Oh man, do i miss Paul already...

Seeing my friends- This was exciting, because some people I hadnt seen for a couple months or so, were there. We had good bonding time for the most part. Some of my highlights from the friend aspect was hanging with Micah, and finally seeing Loran. Goodnite! Those brothers are funny!

Going to the Icecream Parlor about Everyday!- That was so much fun! I love icecream. ANd i Love Camp Richardsons Icecream even more. Nothing beats the single scoop of delicious icecream on a waffle cone, and having to wait hours to get it. Oh so good. I think my favorite time going into the parlor is whenever they were kickin out the Killers! WOO HOO! Oh, and then this one time my brother Billy was trying to see if he can get free icecream by saying some pickup lines...here is one that he said...
" If you were a flavor, what flavor would u be?....Ill have that then!" hahaha so funny, but it didnt get him anywhere.

Buying the Pink shirts for Both Trav and I- Okay, just the fact that Travis was "convinced" by Justin to get a Pink "CAMP" shirt, just blows me away. That was too much. But i guess it just must have been meant to be when after i convinced him to get a green shirt, all that was left in his size were pink...oh goodness. But we got some good pics of both of use in our pink shirts.

Eli's Lesson
- I dunno, but Eli's Lesson was awesome, as it always it. But as he was up there preaching, i thought to myself, "man, we r so blessed to have him in our lives...."

Okay, well it is really hard to type this post while chatting to people. Its hard to concentrate. Also, sorry if this post doesnt make much sense, cuz I dont wanna go back and reread it.There was so much other way fun things and highlights that happened during the week, and If i think of them, Ill post more. But I am tired right now, so im gunna end this post with a final note. I finished Zach's Darth Vader pic. Whoo HOo!



Tata!

6 Comments:

  • At 7:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That is so totally rad! Kudos!

     
  • At 11:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    oh brother Paul, Tahoe just wouldn't be the same without words like "superb" and "tomorrah". that's my buddy alright! and about that pink shirt, that was a youth large and now that i've washed it, it's like a midget small so we'll see if i can even inhale and fit into it. dang, nice job on the darth pic. i swear, you should put this stuff in art galleries or something, what a talent. so amber, i could really go for some mint chip right now...wink, wink.

     
  • At 11:37 PM, Blogger Ambular said…

    Zach- fo sho...we need to get that dictionary started...

    Natalie- Billy was so funny!

    Trav- R u paying?

    Everyone... thanks!

     
  • At 12:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    very nice! i wish i could draw like that. I bet zach loves it!

    Im glad you had such a good time in Tahoe!

     
  • At 1:30 PM, Blogger Sadie Lou said…

    Cool drawing Amber! Impressive.
    If you don't want a career in the arts, what if you made your T-Shirts? I wanted to do that for a long time.
    Silk screening T-Shirts looks like so much fun and I have so many ideas.
    You could draw your own images and design the colors and stuff. Whattya think?

     
  • At 1:31 PM, Blogger Sadie Lou said…

    Oh yeah, and I would love to watch you guys swing dance. I'm having Melanie video tape the swing routine at John and Jennifer's wedding today...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home